Environment Design - Final Compilation


23/4/2025 - //2025 (Week 1 - Week 14)

Lim Yeng San (0366316)
Environment Design / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media / Taylors University
Final Compilation

TABLE OF CONTENTS
  • Instructions
  • Process Work
  • Feedback
  • Reflection 

INSTRUCTIONS
Fig 1.1: The MIB for Environment Design

Week 2
I drew perspective drawings and object drawings.

Fig 2.1: One Point Perspective

Fig 2.2: Two Point Perspective

Fig 2.3: Three Point Perspective

Fig 2.4: Rubber duck drawing

Fig 2.5: Earbud drawing

Fig 2.6: Tape roll drawing


Week 3
I did tree studies

Fig 2.7: Tree value study


Fig 2.8 and 2.9: Tree study


Week 4
I sketched out ideas for an inn and gave them composition and ambience

Fig 2.10: Thumbnail sketches

Fig 2.11: Compositions and ambience


Week 5
I sketched another inn idea


Fig 2.12 and 2.13: New inn compositions

Fig 2.14: Ambience for new sketch


Week 6
I sketched another inn design

Fig 2.15: Updated inn design


Week 8
I coloured and rendered the final design. I wanted the design to reflect a very homey cottage inn based in the story of the game, Bastion.



Fig 2.16, 2.17 and 2.18: Updated compositions

Fig 2.19: Final exterior artwork


Exercises Final Outcome
Fig 2.20: Exercises PDF


Project 1 Final Outcome
Fig 2.21: Project 1 PDF


Week 9
I sketched some bedroom concepts. I wanted it to be visibly worn due to neglect and creatures using it as their nest.

Fig 2.22: Early bedroom sketches


Week 10
I drew some asset designs, compositions and a rough idea for the bedroom

Fig 2.23: Asset sketches

Fig 2.24: Compositions

Fig 2.25: Rough idea


Week 11
I updated the room and did a 3D blockout in Blender.

Fig 2.26: Updated room composition

Fig 2.27: 3D blockout


Week 12
I coloured the room

Fig 2.28: Coloured room and ambience


Week 13
I continued the 3D interior into ZBrush. Mr. Kannan informed me to do it in Blender as it would be easier to model the room.

Fig 2.29: ZBrush 3D progress

Project 2 Final Outcome
Fig 2.30: Project 2 PDF


Week 14
I went back to modeling the interior in Blender. Mr. Kannan helped me to stop the blankets from clipping into one another.

Fig 2.31: 3D modeling progress


Week 15
I finished modeling the interior and coloured it. I had to draw supplementary details in Ibis Paint X as the textures couldn't be seen in the Blender render and some shapes were too complicated to model.

Fig 2.32: Blender 3D render

Fig 2.33: Final artwork


I also updated the exterior artwork to add more story details as it was quite plain

Fig 2.34: Updated exterior artwork


Final Project
Fig 2.35: Final project PDF

Fig 2.36: Call sheet




FEEDBACK
Week 4
Play around with the shape of the building more

Week 10
- Move the axe to the window
- Move the backpack and boots around
- Don't randomly add details

Week 11
Add more storytelling features

Week 12
Add shadows and hooks behind the axe

Week 13
It's better to model the room in Blender and sculpt the furniture in ZBrush

Week 14
Add textures 



REFLECTION
This module helped me to practice my perspective drawing and got me to learn how to apply visual storytelling. It also got me back into using Blender after a long time. It helped to ease the fear of Blender as I thought it would be difficult to use. Overall, I'm happy with the final work I produced.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minor Project